Tuesday 2 July 2013

Gelish 'Shake It Till You Samba'

I don't care what anyone says. You can't go past neon pink.


This has to be my favourite Gelish colour so far. Shake it Till You Samba is a cream neon pink from the Neon Rio collection which was released in 2011. I usually rate CND Shellac above Harmony Gelish in terms of application and wear (and I much prefer the Shellac top/base coats to Gelish as I find them easier to spread thinly which ultimately leads to a better result), but I love love LOVE this colour.

It went on quickly and easily, and while it is not completely opaque, you can't tell unless you're staring at your nails close up or you're under fluorescent lights. The colour it appears in the flash photo below is pretty accurate to how it looks in real life (just obviously not so highly illuminated).

Without flash, natural indoor light.

With flash.
I'd highly recommend this colour if you're after a bright, fun, eye-catching pink (and you don't need anyone to take you particularly seriously while you're wearing it, haha). I wore it proudly to work for the first time yesterday and received several compliments on it. Plus bright pink nails just make boring work tasks a bit more fun! It does look slightly orangey under the oh-so flattering fluorescent lights of my office (see photos below) - but you can see what I mean when I say it isn't totally opaque if you look closely enough at my pinky and ring fingers!

Under fluorescent lights.

This photo probably shows the colour most accurately :)

Overall, a fantastic colour that I'm pretty much in love with. I can see this one getting a lot of wear in the summer time (being the middle of July right now it's not exactly 'in theme' with a lot of my drab coloured winter clothes), and it even inspired me to order 'Carnaval Hangover' (a deep purply/pink) this afternoon (from the same neon collection) in the hopes it will impress me just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment