Monday 22 July 2013

Minion Manicure

I love the Despicable Me minions!!


Love is an understatement at this point. I'm obsessed with the cute little things - my text tone is minions laughing at the word 'bottom.' So I had to try a minion mani! I bought some transfers from eBay seller sparkley_nails who has a huge selection of nail transfers (no bumble bee though!). The specific ones I bought can be found here.

They come in sheets and you need to cut out the individual transfers for each nail. They are really easy to apply - you just soak them in water for around 30 seconds (if you soak them for much longer the film gets harder to handle and can break) to remove the backing paper, then transfer the clear, thin film with the design on it onto your nail and seal with top coat. I had a couple of air bubbles but I managed to smooth most of them out using a cuticle pusher and then did three coats of top coat to smooth out the design so there were no lumps or bumps.

You do need to apply them over a coat of polish (though it can just be clear) so that they will stick. I went with Gelish 'Sheek White' so that they would stand out! I did glitter a couple of nails on each hand too just for something different. Here is what they ended up looking like:

I love looking down and seeing these little guys every time I look at my hands!


I've even started shouting out 'Minions, assemble!' every time someone at
work needs me to type something out for them. It's making work much more fun!
I have had so many compliments on them at work - a few clients have even taken photos to show their friends (who are also minion obsessed!). I will be sad to see them go in a couple of weeks when it's time to change my nails again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment